family tourism Pallars Sobirà
- Houses built by minairons >>
- The minairons are tiny beings that are kept inside a little vial for needles. If you open it, they come making a ruckus, repeating endlessly: "what shall we do? what shall we say?" and, if you don't command them something to do right away, they will choke you. The vial is usually a possession of the richest country houses in El Pallars.
- The secret places of les encantades >>
- Les encantades are a kind of women leading a hidden life in caves near water springs, fountains and gorges. On Saint John's Night (23 June), if someone manages to steal a piece of clothes while they are doing the laundry and take it home, that lucky person will never be poor.
- The wit of the old lady from Romadriu >>
- This is the tale of an old lady that, one day, laughed at the month of March , which was about to finish, saying mockingly to it "Març, marcerol, em fas tanta por com un caragol!" - Month of March, you're so small, I'm not afraid of you at all. As a revenge, the month of March borrowed a couple of days from the month of April. During these two days, the weather changed; there was such a terrible snowstorm that the old lady's flock was killed, all but a little lamb that she had kept under her long skirts, which only had its very short tail frozen by the ice. From that day on, the bad days at the end of March and beginning of April are known as The Borrowed Ones (els manllevats). The old lady left for the big city and in Lleida she became very rich.