There are different ways to come to Pallars Sobirà. Just choose the one you prefer!
- Public transport: There ara several options either from Barcelona or Lleida
- Taxi: Private taxi services also cover these journeys
- Car: Three main access roads are also available
- Car sharing: Which will allow you to reduce the emission of polluting gases!
- Plane: As there is no airport in Pallars Sobirà, the options to come by air are the airports of La Seu d’Urgell, Lleida, Barcelona and Toulouse, basically. Transport from these cities must be done by road (public bus or private taxi).
In short, if you don’t come, that’s because you don’t want to!
The reduced offer of public transport in the region has forced the creation of a private taxi service network in order to meet the needs related to the routes that are not covered by public transport. Taxis give the possibility to reach the villages that are isolated from the main transport routes as well as the main cities at agreed times.
The fare of these taxi routes is usually pre-established –it is not calculated according to time and distance like the usual urban taxis. The routes are generally shared with other passengers in order to get lower price.
Although Pallars Sobirà does not have any railway connection, you can use the train until La Pobla de Segur, located in the neighbouring region of Pallars Jussà. La Pobla de Segur is linked to Tremp, Balaguer and Lleida through a railway line that is operated by Generalitat de Catalunya (Catalan Government) called “The Train of the Lakes”.
From La Pobla de Segur train station, you can take a bus to Esterri d’Àneu, with stops at Gerri de la Sal, Baro, Montardit de Baix, Sort, Rialp, Llavorsí, Escaló and La Guingueta d’Àneu.